Crispy minced bacon, coconut and mixed seeds with fragrant curry powder take morning porridge from drab to comforting fab
Preparation: 10 Min | Cooking: 10 Min | Serves 4
200g Eskort Diced Bacon
1L (4c) cooked soft porridge
olive oil for cooking
15ml (1T) garlic, chopped
15ml (1T) curry powder
60ml (¼c) sesame seeds
60ml (¼c) pumpkin seeds
60ml (¼c) dessicated coconut
60ml (¼c) butter
salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cook the porridge in a pot over medium heat.
- Heat a frying pan over a moderate heat, add the olive oil and fry the Eskort Diced Bacon until crispy.
- Lower the heat and add the garlic, curry powder, sesame and pumpkin seeds and coconut and fry for 2 minutes.
- Fry the eggs sunny side up in a separate pan.
- Stir the butter through the porridge and served seasoned with salt and pepper and topped with curried bacon and egg.