1kg Gold Medal Pork Sausages
2 rolls puff pastry
2 large sweet potatoes, cut into chips
oil for frying
2 eggs for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Remove the pork sausages from their casings and combine the meat from two sausages to make the filling for one sausage roll.
- Place the meat on the pastry about 7cm apart.
- Cut the pastry on the 7cm mark. Brush the pastries on the 7cm line with egg and roll them over to shut. Pinch the edges to ensure they are closed.
- Score and brush the outsides of the sausage rolls with egg.
- Bake the sausage rolls for 15-20 min.
- Heat the oil in a large pot and fry the sweet potato chips for 10 minutes or until cooked.