Serves 4 | Preparation: 10 Min | Cooking: 20 Min
Eskort Mediterranean Pork Sausages
125ml (½c) water
(1½c) self-raising flour
5ml (1t) salt1 onion, thinly sliced
10ml (2t) balsamic vinegar
1 green pepper, roasted and cut into strips
125ml (½c) tomato purée
250ml (1c) mozzarella cheese
125ml (½c) feta oil for cooking
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Combine the water, flour and salt in a mixing bowl and knead until a smooth dough forms.
- Keep the dough covered in a warm place.
- Heat a frying pan over high heat.
- Add the sausages, 1c water and 1t oil and cook for 10 minutes until the water has evaporated and the sausages have started frying in the oil.
- Remove the sausages from the pan and slice into wheels.
- Fry the onion in a pan with oil over medium heat until caramelized.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan.
- Roll out the pizza base and spread with the tomato purée.
- Add the mozzarella cheese and sliced sausages.
- Add the peppers, top with feta and bake for 10 minutes.
Serve the pizza with the caramelized onion on the side.