This cheesy baked mac and cheese with pork sausages is a quick and budget-friendly family meal that delivers tons of flavour.
375g Eskort Gold Medal Pork Sausages
750ml (3c) uncooked macaroni
500ml (2c) processed cheese
60ml (¼c) chives, chopped
30ml (2T) thyme, chopped
15ml (1T) crushed garlic
250ml (1c) breadcrumbs
1 chilli, chopped
45ml (3T) olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper
extra chilli for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- In a large saucepan, cook the macaroni according to the packet instructions. Do not drain the water.
- Add the processed cheese, chives, thyme and garlic to the macaroni and stir until cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a greased oven dish and place the pork sausages on top.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, chilli and olive oil then crumble over the mac and cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Season the mac and cheese with salt and pepper and serve with chilli, if using.