Serves 4 | Preparation: 10 Min | Cooking: 15 Min
400g Eskort Streaky Bacon
250ml (1c) cream cheese
½c pickled jalapenos
2c grated cheddar cheese
12 slices bread
60ml (¼c) butter
3 tomatoes, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
80ml chutney for serving
- Fry the bacon in a pan over high heat until crispy.
- Combine the cream cheese, jalapenos and cheddar cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Spread all the bread slices with butter and the cheese mixture
- Place the tomatoes, bacon and red onion on the sarmies and close them.
- Tie the sarmies with wet butcher’s twine and braai them for 5 minutes on each side over a hot fire.
- Serve with chutney before the braai.