Crispy bits of salty bacon and sticky sweet caramel transform plain vanilla ice cream into a luxurious #JustDelicious dessert!
200g Eskort Minced Bacon
250ml (1c) castor sugar
45ml (3T) butter
60ml (¼c) cream
2,5ml (½t) coarse salt
125ml (½c) water
125ml (½c) castor sugar
5ml (1t) vanilla essence
1 vanilla pod with seeds
250ml (1c) cream
6 sugar cones
125ml (½c) dark chocolate, melted
125ml (½c) white chocolate, melted
- Fry the bacon in a pan over moderate heat until crispy. Set aside.
- In the same pan melt the sugar over medium heat. Do not stir, just swirl the pan to redistribute the sugar granules.
- When the sugar has melted and caramelised to an amber colour, add the butter and whisk until combined.
- Remove from the heat and add the cream, whisking until completely incorporated.
- Return to the heat and simmer for 1 minute. Set aside to cool. SALT?
- Boil the water, castor sugar, vanilla essence and vanilla pod in a pot over high heat for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and refrigerate.
- Whip the cream in a large mixing bowl while slowly pouring in the cooled syrup.
- Whip until stiff peaks form then spoon the ice cream into a non-stick bread tin.
- Swirl in all the bacon and most of the caramel, leaving some aside for drizzling. Freeze overnight.
- Scoop servings of ice cream into the sugar cones and drizzle with dark chocolate, white chocolate and caramel before serving