Two of the best parts of breakfast unite to form this #JustDelicious bacon-infused coffee that will knock your socks off!
200g Eskort Minced Bacon
60ml (¼c) ground coffee
750ml (3c) water
5ml (1t) vanilla essence
125ml (½c) cream
45ml (3T) castor sugar
20g dark chocolate, finely grated
- Fry the minced bacon in a very hot pan until dried out and crisp then drain on a plate covered with kitchen towel.
- Grind the bacon using a food processor. Add to a coffee plunger with ground coffee
- Boil the water then allow to rest for 45 seconds to prevent burning the coffee grounds.
- Pour in just enough water to wet the grounds and allow to brew for 1 minute.
- Add the vanilla essence and pour in the rest of the water.
- Give the coffee mixture a quick stir, cover with the lid and brew for 3 minutes.
- Depress the plunger slowly and steadily to separate the grounds and liquid.
- While the coffee is brewing, whip the cream and castor sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Pour a cup of coffee, add a few spoonfuls of cream and garnish with chocolate shavings before serving.