200g Eskort Minced Bacon
oil for frying
500ml (2c) bread flour
125ml (½c) brown sugar
5ml (1t) salt
20g yeast dry
250ml (1c) warm water
125ml (½c) butter
- Fry the Eskort Minced Bacon in a pan over a high heat until crispy. Remove and set aside to cool down.
- Add the flour, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the yeast over the warm water and stir to dissolve.
- Rub the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Beat the eggs into the yeast and add to the flour. Mix until a stiff dough forms.
- Knead the dough until smooth and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll the dough out on a flour-dusted surface until 3cm thick.
- Cut out large circles with a cookie cutter and use a smaller cutter to make the hole in the middle. Brush with cooking oil and set aside to proof.
- Heat a pot with oil over a high heat. As soon as the doughnuts are ready, turn the heat to medium and fry until golden on both sides.
250ml (1c) castor sugar
60ml (¼c) water
500ml (2c) Corn Flakes
500ml (2c) white chocolate
- Add the sugar and water to a small pan over a medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Heat over medium heat, without stirring, until amber in colour.
- Pour over the Corn Flakes and mix well before the sugar sets.
- Then break up the Corn Flakes.
- Melt the white chocolate over a double boiler.
- Dip the doughnuts into the white chocolate and sprinkle the Corn Flakes over.