Our #JustDelicious take on this classic French pastry is filled with crispy bacon and a ginger-infused mascarpone mousse!
200 g Eskort Minced Bacon
1 roll puff pastry
Ginger mascarpone mousse
125ml (½c) ginger root, grated and juiced
250ml (1c) mascarpone cheese
250ml (1c) icing sugar
5ml (1t) vanilla essence
12 white chocolate truffles
60ml (¼c) candied gingeredible flowers
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Fry the minced bacon over high heat until crispy, remove from the pan and refrigerate to cool.
- Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface and spread the cooled bacon over half of it.
- Fold over the other half to cover the bacon to and roll the pastry out again until it becomes a thin sheet.
- Place the pastry between two greased baking sheets to prevent it from rising
- Bake for 20 minutes until the pastry is golden and crispy
- Allow to cool completely before slicing into 2cm by 7cm fingers.
Ginger Mascarpone Mousse
- Add the ginger juice, mascarpone, icing sugar and vanilla essence to a large mixing bowl.
- Whip until stiff peaks form and spoon into a piping bag.
- Pipe ginger mousse between layers of puff pastry and plate the mille-feuille on its side.
- Carefully pipe a zig-zag pattern on the other side and serve decorated with a white chocolate truffle, candied ginger and edible flowers.