Creamy vanilla panna cotta topped with crunchy oats, coconut, bran flakes, almond flakes, dried cranberries and #JustDelicious salty minced bacon, and served with fresh seasonal fruit.
500g Eskort Minced Bacon
375ml (1½c) raw oats
250ml (1c) desiccated coconut
250ml (1c) All Bran Flakes
250ml (1c) almond flakes (optional)
Honey and muscovado syrup
250ml (1c) dried cranberries
15ml (3c) gelatine powder
60ml (¼c) water
375ml (1½c) cream
250ml (1c) castor sugar
5ml (1t) vanilla essence
375ml (1½c) double thick yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180º?C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the minced bacon evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until fat has rendered out and bacon is crispy.
- Place bacon on a kitchen towel to absorb excess fat and set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 110ºC.
- In a mixing bowl combine the raw oats, coconut, All Bran Flakes and almond flakes (if using).
- Drizzle honey and muscovado syrup over the granola mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the granola on a prepared baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove granola from the oven and leave to cool completely.
- Mix through the dried cranberries and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix gelatin powder with water and leave to bloom.
- In a small saucepan, heat the cream at moderate heat until it starts to steam.
- Add the bloomed gelatin and castor sugar to the cream and stir until both the gelatin and sugar have dissolved. Don’t allow to boil.
- Remove the cream mixture from the heat and add vanilla essence and yoghurt.
- Stir through until well combined.
- Place in a mould and refrigerate to set for 4-6 hours.
- Serve: Serve with fresh seasonal fruit and drizzle with honey or syrup.