Perfect as an after-dinner dessert or a lunch-box treat, these poppin’ cookies will melt in your mouth!
500g Eskort Minced Bacon
125ml (½c) butter
125ml (½c) treacle sugar
90ml (6T) white sugar
375ml (1½c) cake flour
5ml (1t) baking powder
2,5ml (½t) salt
5ml (1t) vanilla essence
750ml (3c) popcorn, popped
250ml (1c) white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Fry the minced bacon in a pan over moderate heat until crispy, then set aside to cool.
- In a mixer, add the butter, treacle sugar, white sugar and egg and mix until well-combined and light in colour.
- Add the dry ingredients and the vanilla essence and mix until a dough forms.
- Add the popcorn, crispy bacon and white chocolate and mix well.
- Shape the dough into small balls then press flat to form cookies and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cookie edges turn brown. Remove from the oven to a rack to cool.
- Enjoy the cookies with a glass of milk or a hot cup of coffee or tea.