Fragrant chai spice adds robust, peppery flavour to these deliciously sweet baked tomatoes.
10 large tomatoes
45ml (3T) olive oil
60ml (¼c) chai spice mix
60ml (¼c) muscovado sugar
15ml (1T) white wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves, chopped
salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Tightly pack the tomatoes into a baking tin and using a sharp knife, score crosses on top of each tomato.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over the tomatoes.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the tomato skins pull back.
- Serve as a side to a meat dish in crispy bread or cooked wheat.