Play dirty and get your hands on these #JustDelicious succulent ribs before they’re gone!
2kg Eskort BBQ Marinated Ribs
3 large red onions, sliced into rings
15ml (1T) salt
750ml (3c) flour
30ml (2T) BBQ spice
oil for deep frying
Sweet & Sour Sauce:
125ml (½c) pineapple juice
125ml (½c) light brown sugar
15ml (1T) tomato sauce
30ml (2T) sweet chilli sauce
5ml (1t) red wine vinegar
- Braai the ribs for 15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Don’t burn.
- Season onions with salt and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Coat onions with 500ml (2c) of flour and BBQ spice.
- Refrigerate again while the oil heats.
- Coat again with the remaining flour and deep fry the onion rings until golden and crispy.
Sweet & sour sauce
- Stir all ingredients together in a saucepan over moderate heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil, then remove from the heat.
- Dress the onion rings with sauce and serve with the ribs.