A refined take on the breakfast waffle, this easy waffle meal oozes #JustDelicious flavour.
8 slices Eskort Mini Picnic Ham
250ml (1c) cherry tomatoes, charred
4 poached eggs
1 handful baby spinach
6 egg yolks
250ml (1c) butter
juice & zest of 1 lemon
15ml (1T) boiling water
salt and pepper
500ml (2c) cake flour
30ml (2T) brown sugar
5ml (1t) baking powder
pinch of salt
375ml (1½c) buttermilk
5ml (1t) vanilla
125ml (½c) butter, melted
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl over a pot of boiling water and whisk together until a thick, smooth sauce forms. Keep aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Cook the batter in a greased waffle iron until golden and slightly crispy.
- Serve the charred cherry tomatoes and slices of ham on the waffles. Top with a poached egg and Hollandaise sauce and garnish with baby spinach.
TIP: Use store-bought waffles to save time. Brush them with butter and lightly toast them in a hot pan before serving.