Rushing to work while trying to get the kids off to school? Don’t worry, we’ve got your breakfast covered. Try this delicious treat to get you going.
200g Eskort Chopped Ham Roll, cut into strips
30ml olive oil
½ onion, finely chopped
2 spring onions, finely sliced plus extra to garnish
2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
100ml chicken stock
100g green beans, topped, tailed and cut into pieces
4 large eggs, fried, poached or boiled
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and fry the ham until almost crispy. Remove and set aside.
- To the same pan add the onion, spring onion and garlic and fry for 3-4 minutes until just softened.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the green beans and peas and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until cooked through. If there’s too much liquid raise the heat to reduce the liquid a little.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Dish the bean and pea mixture onto two plates.
- Top each with fried ham and a poached egg and sprinkle with chopped spring onion. Serve immediately.