It’s crunch time! This #JustDelicious toasted panini is the ideal snack for when the hunger pangs hit!
45ml (3tbsp) olive oil
2 onions, sliced into rings
1 red chilli, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
30ml (2tbsp) fresh rosemary, chopped
60ml (¼cup) treacle sugar
60ml (¼cup) white vinegar
4 paninis, sliced in half lengthwise
500g Eskort Cheese Russians, sliced in half lengthwise
250ml (1cup) mozzarella cheese
250ml (1cup) Parmesan
1 lemon, sliced into wedges
micro herbs, for garnishing
- Turn your oven grill on.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat and fry the onions, chilli, garlic and rosemary until the onions are golden.
- Add the sugar and vinegar and allow to simmer for five minutes.
- Place the paninis, sliced-side up, on a baking tray.
- Top with the Russians and grill for three minutes.
- Dish the onion mixture on top and add the cheese. Grill again until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with fresh micro herbs and a wedge of lemon.