Juicy sausages, layered textures, delicious flavours and some much-needed fun make this a wholesome lunch perfect for the whole family.
500ml (2c) plain yoghurt
500ml (2c) flour
5ml (1t) salt
350g Eskort Chicken Sausages
olive oil for frying
250ml (1c) cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
zest and juice of 1 lemon
30ml (2T) olive oil
salt and pepper
60ml (¼c) cashew nuts
handful of microherbs
- In a large bowl, mix the yoghurt, flour and salt. Knead until smooth.
- Divide into four pieces, roughly roll out into flatbreads on a lightly floured surface and fry in a dry pan.
- Drizzle the sausages with olive oil and fry in a pan over moderate heat.
- Add a little water to the pan so the casing doesn't shrink.
- In a bowl, mix the tomatoes, shallots, lemon zest and juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the avocados. Divide the tomato salsa and avo slices between the flatbreads. Top with the sausages, cashew nuts and microherbs.