The nutty yellow curry sauce makes a perfect coating for delicious noodles topped with sweet coconut-covered back bacon.
Ingredients200g Eskort Rindless Back Bacon
4 packets 2 Minute Noodles
1 onion, finely chopped
45ml (3T) olive oil for cooking
1 garlic clove garlic, finely chopped
45ml (3T) yellow curry paste
400ml (1 can) coconut milk
250ml (1c) vegetable stock
salt and freshly ground black pepper
juice and zest of 1 lemon
250ml (1c) coconut flakes
60ml (¼c) palm sugar
1 red chilli, chopped
fresh coriander and chopped chives to serve
- Place the noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside to cook.
- In a frying pan over moderate heat, fry the onion in olive oil until golden.
- Add the garlic and curry paste and fry until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk and vegetable stock and simmer for 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the cooked noodles to the curry sauce and remove from heat.
- In a separate pan, fry the bacon until golden.
- Add the coconut flakes and palm sugar and cook until sugar melts and bacon is fully coated.
- Add the chopped chilli.
- Serve the yellow curry noodles in a bowl, top with the bacon and garnish with coriander and chives.