Oven-baked pork rinds add a #JustDelicious crunch to this crisp salad!
Eskort Pork Chops, rinds only
2 ripe tomatoes, cut into quarters
salt and freshly ground pepper
1 butter lettuce
2 handfuls baby spinach
250ml (1c) mozzarella, torn into pieces
CREAMY BASIL PESTO DRESSING
60ml (¼c) basil pesto
juice of 1 lemon
60ml (½c) yoghurt
60ml (¼c) mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Place the chop rinds on a lined baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the rinds from the oven and add the tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Wash the butter lettuce and baby spinach, then add to a salad bowl.
- Add the rinds and tomatoes to the leaves and toss well.
Creamy basil pesto dressing
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the pesto, lemon juice, yoghurt and mayonnaise.
- Serve the salad topped with mozzarella pieces and drizzled with the pesto dressing.