600g Eskort Bacon Braai Stukkies, sliced into cubes
1L (4c) polenta
250ml (1c) milk
250ml (1c) cheddar cheese, grated
60ml (¼c) parsley, chopped
60ml (¼c) chives, chopped
60ml (¼c) olive oil
750ml (3c) cherry tomatoes, on the vine
45ml (3T) rosemary, chopped
5ml (1t) salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the Bacon Braai Stukkies on a greased baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes or until done.
- Cook the polenta according to the package instructions.
- Add the milk, cheddar cheese, parsley and chives and mix well. Remove from the heat.
- Pour half the olive oil into a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Fry until the tomatoes become tender and start to split, then remove from the pan.
- Add the remaining olive oil and fry the eggs to your preference.
- Serve the polenta topped with an egg and some crispy bacon and tomatoes.