Delightfully rich with bold flavours, this #JustDelicious creamy tomato soup is the ideal winter warmer!
45ml (3T) olive oil
1 pack Eskort Smoked Pork Neck Steaks, cut into cubes
125ml (½c) leeks, chopped
1 green chilli, chopped
750ml (3c) hearty tomato sauce
250ml (1c) cream
salt and pepper
125ml (½c) white cheddar, grated
60ml (¼c) Gorgonzola, grated
15ml (1T) black sesame seeds, to garnish
1 lemon, cut in half for serving
Switch on the oven grill.
- Heat olive oil in a pot over moderate heat.
- Fry the pork neck steaks, leeks and chilli until the pork is cooked and the leeks are glossy.
- Add the tomato sauce and cream, then season with salt and pepper.
- Close the lid and allow the soup to come to the boil.
- With a knife at a 45-degree angle, slice the baguette and put the slices on a baking tray.
- Cover each slice with some white cheddar and Gorgonzola cheese.
- Put under the grill until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Ladle a portion of the soup into a bowl and garnish with black sesame seeds.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the soup and serve with warm slices of grilled cheese baguette.
- This recipe contains gluten and dairy.
- Cream (dairy, contains lactose): Use Orley Whip or coconut cream.
- White cheddar (dairy, contains lactose): Use dairy-free cheddar flavoured cheese or any vegan cheese.
- Baguette (contains gluten): Use a gluten-free baguette or slices of gluten-free bread.
Gorgonzola is dairy but is considered lactose-free unless of the dolce
(short-ripened) variety. If desired, use dairy-free cheddar flavoured cheese or
any vegan cheese as a substitute.