The ultimate in comfort food, this quick and easy curry is mild enough for the whole family to enjoy and is an #JustDelicious way of warming up this winter.
10ml olive oil
1 large onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
15ml curry powder
5ml ground ginger
1 packet Eskort Chicken Sausages, sliced
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
30ml tomato paste
1 can chopped tomatoes
250ml chicken stock
200g frozen peas
ground black pepper
500g maize meal, cooked according to the package instructions
fresh coriander to garnish
- Heat the oil in a pot, add the onions and garlic and fry until softened.
- Add the curry powder and ground ginger and fry for 1 minute, stirring until combined.
- Add the sausages and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and potatoes and fry for another 2 to 3 minutes, stirring to combine.
- Add the tomato paste, chopped tomatoes and stock and stir well to combine.
- Simmer uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes for the sauce to thicken.
- Add the peas, season with salt and pepper and simmer for another 5 minutes until the peas are just cooked through.
- If your sauce hasn’t thickened enough, mix 2t of cornflour with 2T of water and add to the curry.
- Cook for another 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the cornflour has cooked off.
- Serve hot with pap, or rice or mashed potatoes if preferred, and garnish with coriander.