Double thick Greek yoghurt combined with golden syrup and finely chopped red chilli, then topped with deep-fried banana slices and #JustDelicious crispy bacon and garnished with toasted coconut shavings and a dollop of gooseberry jam.
200g Eskort Bacon Cutts
oil for deep-frying
2 large bananas
5ml (1t) salt
15ml (1T) oil for cooking
500ml (2c) double thick Greek yoghurt
65ml (¼c) golden syrup
1 red chilli, finely chopped
125ml (½c) coarse coconut
65ml (¼c) gooseberry jam
- Preheat oil for deep-frying in a saucepan.
- Slice the bananas into bite-sized rings and fry until golden on the outside. Season with salt and set aside.
- Heat 15ml oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon until crispy.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the yoghurt, golden syrup and chilli. Keep in the fridge until needed.
- Toast the coconut in a pan over a high heat
- Fill a cup half with yoghurt mixture and top with fried banana and bacon.
- Add the coconut and finish with a tablespoon of gooseberry jam.