Wondering how to make your Easter lunch extra special? If you’re all about big family feasts and celebrating with a memorable meal, there’s a way you can have it all.
You might be home this Easter, but you can still make a show-stopping seven-colour Sunday meal for the loved ones in your house. You may not have the pleasure of the extended family chipping in and bringing a dish, but it’s easy to create the magic without spending hours in the kitchen.
Make use of the handy Harvestime new additions that you can heat up and make in the microwave – the butternut chunks and potatoes take 6 minutes to prepare, and the beetroot is done in 7, plus you can get the kids to help!
We’ve gathered some recipes to help you on your way to preparing the perfect seven-colour meal in minutes.
Check out these dishes below
Preparation: 5 Min | Cooking: 8 Min | Serves 4
500g Harvestime Butternut Chunks
15g ground cinnamon
5ml (1tsp) brown sugar
5ml (1tsp) ground nutmeg
15g black pepper
20ml (4t) vinegar
- Place the Harvestime Butternut Chunks in the microwave for 6 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg and black pepper and cook for 30 seconds in the microwave before adding the rosemary and thyme.
- Add the vinegar to the pan and cook for another 30 seconds, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the butternut to the pan and mix with the butter.
Creamy herby potato salad
Preparation: 5 Min | Cooking: 3 Min | Serves 4
500g Harvestime Diced Potatoes
fresh mixed salad leaves
50g creamy mayonnaise
10ml (2t) white vinegar
20ml (4t) water
1 fresh chilli, finely chopped
5ml (1t) crushed garlic
bunch of coriander
- Put the Harvestime Diced Potatoes in the microwave for 6 minutes. Roughly chop the mixed salad leaves and add to a salad bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add 30ml (2T) mayonnaise, the vinegar, water, chilli and garlic. Mix well and set aisde (add water if it is too thick).
- Remove the potatoes from the microwave and let them cool to room temperature.
- Dress the potatoes with half the dressing and gently mix, be careful not to break the potatoes.
- Add the salad leaves and herb mixture then the coriander and mix with the rest of the dressing.
Sis gcina’s sweet chilli beetroot
Preparation: 7 Min | Cooking: 3 Min | Serves 4
500g Harvestime Diced Beetroot
50g coriander, chopped
1 green chilli
½ onion, diced
3 x 400g cans bean mix
50g sweet chilli sauce
50g feta cheese
- Place the Harvestime Diced Beetroot in the microwave for 7 minutes. Put the coriander, chilli and onion in a bowl.
- Drain the bean mix and rinse in a sieve under running water then add to the bowl.
- Add the sweet chilli sauce and mix well.
- Crumble the feta cheese over and fold into the salad to give the feta a beautiful red colour.
Happy Easter feasting!