Call the fire department because these easy cheesy enchiladas are on fire – they’re so darn #JustDelicious.
100g white cheddar cheese, grated
100g yellow cheddar cheese, grated
15ml (1T) olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tins chopped tomatoes
5ml (1t) chilli flakes
5ml (1t) origanum
200ml chicken stock
125ml (1/2c) cream
ground black pepper
1 packet brown wheat tortillas
1 packet Eskort Cheese Grillers
handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Mix the cheese together in one bowl.
- Heat oil in a pot and fry the onion until soft, add the garlic and fry for another minute, then add tomatoes, chilli flakes and the origanum.
- Add the chicken stock and cream and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste, stir through and set aside.
- Spoon a tablespoon or two of the sauce onto a tortilla, spreading evenly then sprinkle some of the mixed cheese on top, place 2 cheese grillers on the bottom edge and roll up the tortilla.
- Spoon a small amount of the sauce onto the bottom of a shallow baking dish, then place the rolled up tortilla on top.
- Repeat the process until baking dish is packed snugly with rolled and filled tortillas.
- Pour over the remaining sauce, sprinkle the remaining cheese over and place in oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese has melted and starts to brown.
- Serve hot and garnish with a sprinkling of fresh coriander.