We’ve got your back, no need to slave for hours making meatballs when our frikkadels are ready-to-go! This comforting, familiar and #JustDelicious dish pleases the fussiest taste buds!
1 pkt Eskort Mini Frikkadels
45ml (3T) olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 cans (410g each) chopped tomatoes
10ml (2t) dried oreganum
10ml (2t) dried thyme
5ml (1t) dried parsley
1 bay leaf
250ml (1c) vegetable stock
salt and freshly ground black pepper
150g mozzarella cheese, grated
50g (1/5c) breadcrumbs
fresh parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat the oil in a medium pot and sauté the onions and garlic until softened.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, oreganum, thyme, parsley, bay leaf and stock and bring to the boil.
- Season with salt and pepper, stir well and simmer for 20-25 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat and spoon two-thirds of the sauce into a shallow casserole dish.
- Top with a layer of frikkadels then spoon over the rest of the sauce.
- Mix the mozzarella cheese and breadcrumbs in a small bowl and sprinkle over.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve warm, garnished with the parsley, and a starch or sides of your choice (crusty bread is a winner here!).