350g Eskort Mini Frikkadels
500ml (2c) pumpkin, diced
45ml (3T) olive oil
pinch of cayenne pepper
1 garlic clove, chopped
125ml (½c) tomato purée
250ml (1c) fresh cream
250ml (1c) vegetable stock
salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin, olive oil, cayenne pepper and garlic.
- Transfer to a lined baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes.
- Place the roasted pumpkin mixture in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Heat the blended pumpkin in a frying pan over moderate heat.
- Add the tomato purée, cream and stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the frikkadels and cook for 7 minutes.
- Serve the frikkadels on a platter with your choice of pickles, preserves, breads and cheeses.