Amazeballs! Our Mini Frikkadels are so versatile and #JustDelicious that you’ll never run out of dinner ideas!
In grams? spring onion
2 garlic cloves
1 red chilli, deseeded
15ml (1T) turmeric
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
60ml (¼c) olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Olive oil, for frying
Eskort Mini Frikkadels
250ml (1c) cream
750ml (3c) uncooked couscous
5ml (1t) salt
5ml (1t) vegetable stock powder
30ml (2T) olive oil
1,5l (6c) boiling water
1 handful baby spinach
In grams? fresh basil
- Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor or blender until a paste forms.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over moderate heat and fry the frikkadels for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the turmeric paste and swirl the pan to coat the frikkadels.
- Pour in the cream and allow to simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Put the couscous, salt, stock powder and olive oil in a large mixing bowl and mix well until the couscous is completely coated.
- Pour in the boiling water and cover the bowl with a plate or cling wrap.
- Once the couscous absorbs all the water, use a fork to fluff the grains before serving.
- Serve the saucy frikkadels alongside the couscous with a handful of baby spinach and fresh basil.