Packed with bacon and cheese, these giant scones look and taste like they’ve been made with love.
200g Eskort Diced Bacon, fried crispy
560ml (2¼c) flour
5ml (1t) salt
12,5ml (2½t) baking powder
250ml (1c) cream
250ml (1c) buttermilk
250ml (1c) cheddar cheese, cubed
Butter or cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients and mix until well combined. The result should be a soft ball of dough.
- Put the dough on a flour-dusted surface and form it into a 5cm-thick round shape.
- Divide the dough into 8 scone-shaped mounds and arrange them on a baking sheet.
- Whisk the egg and glaze the scones.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve the scones while still warm with butter or cream (if using) and apricot jam.