Two lunch box classics unite to form a #JustDelicious hot dog that tastes even better than it looks!
500g Eskort Red Viennas
8 Hot Dog Rolls
butter for spreading
500ml (2c) cheddar cheese, finely grated
olive oil for frying
60ml (¼c) spring onions, chopped
2 handfuls rocket
125ml (½c) sliced gherkins
125ml (½c) creamy mayo
15ml (1T) Dijon mustard
15ml (1T) maple syrup
Grilled cheese hot dog
- Preheat a pan over moderate heat.
- Slice the rolls open and spread with butter.
- Add cheese to each roll and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the rolls open side down on the hot pan and fry until the cheese has melted. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add olive oil to the pan and fry the Viennas until they’re thoroughly heated.
- Top the rolls with spring onions, rocket and gherkins and then add the viennas.
- Combine the mayonnaise, mustard and maple syrup in a small mixing bowl and drizzle the sauce over each hot dog.
- Tightly wrap the hot dogs in wax paper before placing in the lunch box to keep the filling and sauce secured in the bun until lunch time.