We’re bringing back soul food with this #JustDelicious dish, perfect for those chilly autumn evenings.
1kg Eskort Pork Fillet
15ml (1T) olive oil
2 large onions, sliced
5ml (1t) salt
5ml (1t) ground black pepper
15ml (1T) paprika
5ml (1t) caraway seeds
250ml (1c) chicken stock
15ml (1t) tomato puree
1 tin (410g) sauerkraut
250ml (1c) sour cream
Fresh parsley to garnish, chopped
- Using a sharp knife, carefully butterfly your fillet, making sure not to cut all the way through,then slice into strips.
- Heat the olive oil in a pot, add the onions and cook until softened.
- Add the pork strips and fry, turning regularly until the meat starts to brown.
- Add the salt, pepper, paprika and caraway seeds and stir well.
- Add the stock and tomato puree and continue stirring.Cover and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the sauerkraut and stir, allow to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir the sour cream through.
- Serve warm with mashed potato or a starch of your choice and garnish with parsley.