#JustDelicious little crispy phyllo pastry parcels jam-packed full of cheesy oozy flavours, a definite treat as a snack, lunch box filler or starter.
250g Eskort Chopped Ham Roll, cut into small cubes
1 roll of phyllo pastry sheets, thawed
100 ml butter, melted
250 g cheddar cheese, grated
300 g broccoli florets, broken into small pieces
50 ml cream
Ground black pepper
Egg, beaten, for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 200°C and spray a baking tray with spray n’ cook.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Place broccoli in the salted boiling water for 2 minutes, remove, drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together cheese, salt, pepper, ham, cream and broccoli and mix well, set aside.
- Working quickly and keeping a damp kitchen towel over the phyllo pastry sheets that you’re not using (to prevent drying out), brush a sheet of phyllo pastry with some melted butter.
- Top with another sheet of phyllo and brush with butter (you now have a double sheet of phyllo pastry.
- Cut phyllo sheets into squares, large enough to fit 2 tablespoons of filling into (about 10cm x 10cm).
- Put 2 tablespoons of the mixture onto each pastry square, then bring corners of the pastry together into a bundle and twist to seal. (You can also use some kitchen twine to tie them together if you’re
- Place parcel on the baking tray and brush with more melted butter.
- Repeat process until all the filling is finished. You will need to work fairly quickly and efficiently so that your phyllo pastry doesn’t dry out.
- Place baking tray in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until parcels are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.