Crisp, flaky and flavourful, these pearfect tartlets taste as delicious as they look!
125g Eskort Wiltshire Ham, shredded
1 roll puff pastry
45ml (3T) olive oil for cooking
1 red onion, chopped
5ml (1t) fresh thyme, chopped
60ml (¼c) spring onion, chopped
1 pear, peeled and thinly sliced
125ml (½c) Parmesan cheese, grated
125ml (½c) feta cheese
125ml (½c) fresh cream
salt and freshly ground pepper
100g goat’s milk cheese, cut into thick wheels
50g Pecorino Romano Shavings
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Roll the puff pastry out on a lightly floured surface and cut into circles.
- Grease the tart or muffin tins with nonstick spray, line with the pastry circles and refrigerate.
- Heat a frying pan over moderate heat and add the olive oil. Fry the onion, thyme, spring onion and pears for five minutes until the onion is glossy. Remove from heat.
- Add the shredded ham to the pan.
- Combine the parmesan, feta, eggs, cream, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Fill the pastry with the ham filling and top with the cheese mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the top is golden.
- Top each tartlet with a goat’s milk cheese wheel, pecorino shavings and fresh micro-greens. Season with freshly ground salt and black pepper.
- If you’d like a lighter topping, whip 250ml (1c) of crème fraîche and 30ml (2T) of pesto together until smooth, and serve with a dollop on each tartlet.
- Serve with a side salad to make it a light meal.
- This recipe contains lactose and gluten.
- Feta cheese: Use vegan feta.
- Goat’s milk cheese: Use dairy-free cheese spread or vegan soft cheese.
- Fresh cream: Use Orley Whip.
- Puff pastry: Use gluten-free puff pastry.