This isn’t your ordinary burger. These juicy Hawaiian Burgers are flavoured with smoked pork, sweet pineapple and spicy mayo.
1 pack Eskort Pork Neck Steaks
4 seeded burger buns
red cabbage, shredded
410g (1 can) pineapple chunks
5ml (1t) fresh chilli, finely sliced
5ml (1t) sriracha sauce
125ml (½c) creamy mayonnaise
1 handful wild rocket
1 large red onion, sliced into rings
1 large brown onion, sliced into rings
5ml (1t) salt
250ml (1c) flour
250ml (1c) buttermilk
oil for deep frying
- In a frying pan over moderate heat, fry the pork neck steaks for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Mix the red cabbage, pineapple chunks, chilli, sriracha sauce and mayonnaise in a mixing bowl and keep aside.
- Heat a pot of oil over high heat.
- Season the onion rings with salt and set aside for 1 minute.
- Add flour to a bowl and coat each onion ring with flour.
- Pour buttermilk into a separate bowl and dip the onion rings in the buttermilk.
- Coat the onion rings with another layer of flour before frying them in hot oil until golden.
- Add rocket to a bun, top with sriracha mayo and a pork neck steak.
- The burgers with onion rings and more sriracha mayo.