Warm and filling, this #JustDelicious flavourful, hearty soup is easy to make and a fun way of getting little ones to eat all their veggies!
1 packet Eskort Frankfurters, sliced into coins
30ml (2T) butter
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
5ml (1t) origanum
1 can chopped tomatoes
500ml (2c) chicken stock
200g green beans, trimmed and halved
1 can corn kernels
salt and ground black pepper
- Heat the butter in a pot and fry the onion and garlic until softened.
- Add the Frankfurters and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and origanum and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and stock and stir.
- Cover partially and cook for 20-25 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Add the beans and corn kernels and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes until the beans are just tender but have a bite and still are bright green.
- Serve warm with crusty bread or rolls.