It’s packed with flavour that your family will love – and this #JustDelicious tomato pasta is also wholesome, filling and quick to prepare!
45g (3T) salt
1 large brinjal, peeled and cubed
60ml (¼c) olive oil
1 Eskort Pork Fillet
750ml (3c) hearty tomato sauce
125ml (½c) Grana Padano cheese, grated
a handful fresh basil
zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, adding 3T of salt to the water.
- Drain the pasta and retain 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Season the brinjal with salt and pepper, and fry in olive oil in a large saucepan until golden.
- Slice the pork fillet into 2cm-thick slices, add to the brinjal and sear the pork on all sides.
- Add the tomato sauce and pasta water, and stir to combine. Bring to the boil.
- Add the pasta and cheese, and mix well.
- Garnish with a handful fresh basil, lemon juice and zest, and serve