An easy and comforting breakfast. This aromatic rosti topped with BBQ rashers is a fluffy cloud of deliciousness with a golden crispy crust.
1 pack Eskort BBQ Rashers
olive oil for cooking
2 red onions, sliced
10ml (2t) rosemary, chopped
15ml (1T) thyme, chopped
30ml (2T) Italian parsley, chopped
60ml (¼c) chives, chopped
4 large potatoes, chopped (place in cold water)
10ml (2t) flour
salt and freshly ground pepper
125ml (½c) plain yoghurt
5ml (1t) chilli flakes
juice of 1 lemon
fresh salad greens
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over moderate heat and fry the onions until glossy.
- Add the herbs and fry for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Drain the potatoes and press all the liquid out using a clean dish towel.
- In an oven-proof pan, mix the potatoes, flour and egg.
- Season with salt and pepper and spread the mixture evenly across the pan.
- Place the rashers on top and bake for 15 minutes.
- Combine the yoghurt, chilli flakes and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Serve the rosti with the yoghurt mixture and topped with fresh salad greens.