Marinated loin ribs with stuffed spinach and corn bread
750g Eskort Marinated Loin Ribs
Eskort Secret Braai Spice/BBQ spice
200g Eskort Rindless Streaky bacon
10 spinach leaves
250ml (1c) cottage cheese
250ml (1c) mozzarella cheese, grated
65ml (¼c) chives
65ml (¼c) sundried tomatoes
125ml (½c) breadcrumbs
45ml (3T) wholegrain mustard
olive oil for brushing
500g self-raising flour
1 can sweetcorn for recipe and 2 empty cans, for baking the bread on the braai (alternatively bake in a bread tin in the oven)
250m (1c) buttermilk/inkomazi
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
125ml (1c) feta cheese, crumbled
45ml (3T) sage, chopped
5ml (1t) cayenne pepper
5ml (1t) salt
- Braai the ribs over medium coals for about 10 minutes, turning frequently and basting with marinade.
- Spice with the BBQ spice and braai for another 5 minutes each side.
- Wash the spinach leaves and lay them onto a working surface overlapping each other (don’t remove stalks and veins).
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the cottage cheese, mozzarella, chives, sundried tomatoes, breadcrumbs and wholegrain mustard.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the spinach leaves covering them completely.
- Roll up each spinach leaf, then roll and secure four rashers of bacon around each roll (equally spaced on height).
- Brush with olive oil, wrap in foil, place on hot coals and cover with hot ashes.
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Line the sweetcorn tins with baking paper and grease with nonstick spray.
- Fill each can with batter, cover with baking paper and wrap in foil.
- Place the cans on the hot coals and cover with ashes.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes. If baking in the oven, bake at 180°C for 20 minutes.