Pique your child’s inner Picasso and WIN! Imagine a world with infinite possibilities – that’s exactly what the good folk at Toyota aim to encourage. It’s time for the 14th annual Toyota Dream Car competition and the search is on for the ultimate forward-thinking young creatives.
The contest encourages children to get inventive and sketch their mobility solutions of the future – it’s all about exploring their creativity and transporting their imagination.
Visualised by Toyota Motor Corporation president and CEO Akio Toyoda, the exciting competition aims to inspire the youth and nurture the creativity of the next generation of great inventors.
The competition is one of the largest global art contests for children which allows South African kids to flex their skills along with 75 other participating countries.
How to enter
- Download the entry form from www.toyota.co.za or obtain it from a Toyota dealership.
- Complete the entry form and securely attach it to the back of your artwork.
- Submit your application to Toyota Dream Car Art Contest Administration Office of Toyota South Africa, PO Box 481, Bergvlei, 2012.
More about the competition
Entries are open until 1 March 2020.
Theme: Your Dream Car – kids have an opportunity to draw their dream car of the future.
- Category 1: Under 8 years old
- Category 2: 8 to 11 years old
- Category 3: 12 to 15 years old
Prizes up for grabs
- 1st place: PS4 worth R7 000 and R8 000 cash
- 2nd place: PS4 worth R7 000
- 3rd place: Xbox One worth R5 000
- 4th place: Tablet worth R3 000
- 5th place: Gift voucher worth R2 000
Schools also cash in!
This year participating schools that submit the most valid entry forms stand a chance to win one of the following cash prizes:
- 1st prize: R15 000
- 2nd prize: R10 000
- 3rd prize: R5 000
What you need to know
* The recommended size for the artwork is A3 but A4 and quarter sizes are also acceptable.
* Any drawing materials can be used, such as colour pencils, markers, crayons or paints.
* Collage or cutout pictures are allowed, but excludes artworks that may make other artworks dirty or require special care in handling.
* CG artwork created on a computer or similar device will not be accepted.
* Collaborative artwork drawn by multiple individuals will not be accepted.
* Artwork created by a person other than the participant will not be accepted.
* Drawings that resemble the previous Toyota Dream Car Art Contest artworks, famous paintings, and those that include trademarked characters will not be accepted.
* Permission of the parent or legal guardian is necessary when entering the contest.
Submitted artworks will first be judged at the Toyota South Africa head office, with the top five artworks being selected from each age category.
Click here for more details.
COMPETITION RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
The competition runs until 1 March 2020.
The top 5 artworks from each age category at the Toyota South Africa Contest will be announced on the Toyota South Africa website and prizes for the top 5 will be awarded to the winners.
Submission that have previously been released, submissions that have been entered in other contests, and submissions that infringe on a third party’s copyright will not be accepted. Multiple submissions are allowed from the same person. However, only one prize will be awarded per person. Go to www.toyota.co.za to enter and for full terms and conditions.