This golden pasta bake with a rich sweet-tart tomato flavour is a comforting dinner worth eating twice.
45ml (3T) avocado oil
250ml (1c) leeks, chopped
45ml (3T) thyme, chopped
250ml (1c) red peppers, charred
1 tin (410g) tomato puree
100g tomato paste
250ml (1c) sundried tomatoes, chopped
250ml (1c) pasta water
zest of 2 lemons
125ml (½c) kalamata olives, roughly chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1,5l (6c) cooked pasta
125ml (½c) breadcrumbs
250ml (1c) white cheddar, grated
375g Eskort Mediterranean Pork Sausage
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- In a large pot over high heat, fry leeks and thyme in avo oil until glossy.
- Add peppers, tomato puree, tomato paste, sundried tomatoes and pasta water.
- Stir through and allow to simmer for 10 minutes on high heat.
- Add lemon zest and kalamata olives then season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta and mix through thoroughly.
- Transfer to a pasta dish and top with breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Place sausages on top and bake for 25 minutes.