Rum, spice and lots of garlic make this juicy eisbein braai a delicious meal worth all the praise
6 Eskort Mini Eisbeins
125ml (½c) Eskort Secret Rib Sauce
60ml (¼c) Eskort Secret BBQ spice
60ml (¼c) rum
30ml (2T) thyme, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
2 large cauliflower heads
60ml (¼c) olive oil
60ml (¼c) butter, melted
5ml (1t) turmeric
5ml (1t) cayenne
30ml (2T) curry powder
5ml (1t) salt
250ml (1c) Nkomazi AMASI?
410g (1 can) baked beans
- Light a fire and get your coals ready.
- Place the eisbeins on a double layer of tinfoil.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and pour over the eisbeins. Close the foil and place in a braai casserole dish.
- Place the casserole in the coals and cover the lid with coals. Cook for 60 minutes.
- Break the cauliflower into florets and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil, melted butter, turmeric, cayenne pepper, curry powder and salt and mix well to marinade.
- Roast the cauliflower on the braai until golden while the eisbeins are cooking.
- Remove the cauliflower from the braai, place in a salad dish and mix through the Nkomazi AMASI?and baked beans.
- Remove the eisbeins from the casserole and tinfoil and place on the braai grid, basting with the juices until sticky.
- Serve eisbeins with cauliflower salad.