This combination of simple fresh ingredients elevates lasagne to a whole new level of #JustDelicious flavour!
375g Eskort Gold Medal Pork Sausages
10ml Italian herbs
salt and ground black pepper
45ml (3T) olive oil
500g broccoli, broken into smaller florets
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
200g frozen peas 460g cream cheese
100ml (2/5c) cream
150g green pesto
small bunch fresh basil, chopped
12 lasagne sheets
200g mozzarella, grated
50g Parmesan, grated
fresh basil to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Remove the sausage meat from casing and place in a bowl.
- Add the Italian herbs, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Shape the sausage mixture into meatballs.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry meatballs until cooked through and browned on all sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, fry the tomatoes until starting to soften. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a saucepan, add the broccoli, peas, cream cheese, cream, basil and pesto and season with salt and pepper. Simmer until you have a smooth thickened sauce, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the meatballs and mix to combine then remove from the heat.
- In a casserole dish, layer half the meatball mixture, top with half of the fried tomatoes and a layer of lasagne sheets.
- Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat with another layer of meatball mixture, tomatoes and lasagne sheets and finish off with the cheeses.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the cheeses are golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve slices of lasagne, garnished with basil, with a green salad.
To vote – and win – click here: Competition