1 Eskort Pork Fillet
45ml (3T) olive oil for cooking
60ml (¼c) olive oil
5ml (1t) salt
10ml (2t) freshly ground black pepper
60ml (¼c) butter
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
60ml (¼c) spring onions, chopped
2,5ml (½t) ground cumin
2,5ml (½t) paprika
- Heat a frying pan over moderate heat.
- Cover the fillet with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and sear in the pan for 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Combine the ¼c olive oil, butter, garlic, spring onions, cumin and paprika in a small pot and heat until the butter melts.
Onion and date marmalade
45ml (3T) olive oil
1 large onion, sliced
125ml (½c) dates, pips removed and chopped
5ml (1t) cumin seeds
60ml (¼c) brown vinegar
60ml (¼c) brown sugar
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat and fry the onion until golden.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Store in a sterilised jar in the fridge.
1 loaf ciabatta bread, broken into chunks
100g soft cheese
100g matured white cheese
100g Gorgonzola cheese
200g fresh seasonal fruits and berries
- Serve the pork fillet sliced into thin slices with the butter and herb dip on the side.
- It’s a great dip for the meat and the bread.
- Serve chunks of ciabatta with the cheeses, seasonal berries and onion and date marmalade.