Havana, ooh na-na-na! Take a mouthwatering gastronomical trip of Cuba with this #Delicious pork belly sandwich.
1kg Eskort Pork Belly Roast
15ml (1T) Dijon mustard
60ml (¼c) butter
4 hot dog rolls
50g Emmental cheese
50g white cheddar cheese
60ml (¼c) sliced dill pickles
olive oil for toasting
80ml tangy mayonnaise
80ml double thick Greek yogurt
10ml (2t) lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Grease a roasting pan with nonstick spray.
- Remove the rind and season the belly with coarse salt.
- Roast for 2 hours until soft, juicy and golden.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the butter and Dijon mustard into a paste.
- Spread the mustard mixture on the hot dog rolls and top with two cheeses.
- Add sliced pickles and pork belly.
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat.
- Toast the sarmie until the cheese has melted and the bread is golden.
- Use the mayonnaise sauce as a dipping sauce with your sarmie.