Before preparing the fillet, you can trim off the silver skin by running a sharp knife under it. Try to remove as little meat as possible, though.
500 g pork fillet
60 ml (¼ cup) balsamic vinegar
60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
8 cloves garlic, cracked
salt and black pepper
4 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
4 sprigs thyme, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 200 °C.
- Trim silver skin off the fillet with a very sharp, thin knife.
- Put the fillet on a non-stick baking pan with a rim. Coat with balsamic vinegar and rub it in to the meat. Drizzle with olive oil, just enough to coat.
- Cut small slits into the meat and insert chunks of cracked garlic cloves into them. Rub with salt and pepper, rosemary and thyme.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Let the meat rest, transfer to a carving board, cut into cubes and skewer.