JustDelicious pork neck steaks are seasoned, pan-fried and added to a bowl of oven-baked aubergine slices, julienned celery stalks and fresh parsley leaves, then coated with a spicy coconut cream sauce and served with butter-fried crusty bread slices.
2 large aubergines, sliced
65ml olive oil
zest and juice of one lemon
5ml sumac spice
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and spread the marinated aubergine slices in a baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
1kg Eskort Pork Neck Steaks
15ml olive oil
5ml coarse salt
15ml ground black pepper
- Drizzle the pork neck steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan over high heat, fry the steaks for 5 minutes on each side and set aside.
Butter-fried bread and salad
8 slices crusty bread
handful fresh parsley
1 bunch celery
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over moderate heat. Toast the bread until crispy and golden.
- Thinly slice the celery stems and place in a bowl. Tear the celery and parsley leaves with your hands and add to the bowl.
- Add the baked aubergines and mix so the juice from the aubergine coats the leaves and celery.
Spicy coconut sauce
1 tin coconut cream
1 red chili
Method and serving
- Remove the pork neck steaks from the pan and add to the aubergine bowl.
- Add the coconut cream, chili, paprika and salt to the pan. Stir well so the flavours from the pan are blended into the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the meat and aubergines and enjoy with the toast.