Rich and decadent, these soft, fudgy blondies are filled with #JustDelicious sweet and salty flavours.
1 pack Smoked Pork Neck Steaks, cut into bite-sized chunks
250ml (1c) butter
500ml (2c) light brown sugar
5ml (1t) vanilla essence
500ml (2c) flour
10ml (2t) baking powder
5ml (1t) salt
250ml (1c) pecan nuts
250ml (1c) white chocolate, cut into small blocks
250ml (1c) pear, grated
60ml (¼c) icing sugar
5ml (1t) coarse salt
ice cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 185°C.
- In a frying pan over a moderate heat, fry the pork neck chunks until crispy.
- Add the butter and allow to melt.
- Remove from the heat and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each egg is added.
- Add the vanilla essence and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, pecan nuts, white chocolate and pears in a mixing bowl and fold into the egg mixture until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour the batter into a greased pan and bake for 40 minutes until golden brown and well risen.
Dust the blondies with icing sugar while warm and sprinkle with coarse salt. Serve immediately with a scoop of ice cream or store in an airtight container.
This recipe contains gluten, lactose and nuts.
- Flour (contains gluten): Use gluten-free flour.
- Butter (contains lactose): Use ghee (clarified butter) or solidified coconut oil.
- White chocolate chips (contains lactose): Use vegan white chocolate.
- Pecan nuts: Use sunflower and pumpkin seeds.