375g Eskort Gold Medal Pork Sausages
15 ml (1 T) olive oil
15 ml (1 T) butter
juice and zest of 1 lemon
6 pita breads
125 ml (½ C) red cabbage, shredded
125 ml (½ C) carrots, shredded
125 ml (½ C) baby marrow, shredded
250ml (1c) double-thick yoghurt
Salt and pepper to taste
1 handful fresh herbs
- Remove pork sausages from their casing and roll the meat into balls.
- Add olive oil and butter to a pan over moderate heat and fry meatballs until golden.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest and remove from the heat.
- Toast the pitas and fill them with the veggies and meatballs.
- Serve the pitas with the yoghurt, seasoned with salt and pepper and garnish with the herbs.