250ml (1c) mashed
400g pork mince meat
30ml (2T) all-purpose flour
1 egg, beaten
60ml (4T) fresh chives,
30ml (2T) fresh parsley,
2,5ml (½t) salt
1,2ml (¼t) pepper
60ml (¼c) flour
2 eggs, beaten
310ml (1 ¼c) panko
30-60ml (2-4T) vegetable
60ml (¼c) mayonnaise
1 garlic clove, minced
pinch of salt
7,5ml (1½t) lemon juice
burger buns (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Take a portion of mixture, about the size of an ice-cream scoop, and shape it into a disc.
- Repeat until there is no mixture left. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Put the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs into three separate shallow bowls.
- Dip each patty first into the flour, then the eggs and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Heat 15-30ml (1-2T) oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the patties and cook for 2-4 minutes per side until browned. Add more oil when necessary.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, garlic, salt and lemon juice.
- Serve the patties with the dipping sauce and a side salad or on a burger bun (if using).