60ml (4T) cider vinegar
30ml (2T) honey
30ml (2T) water
30ml (2T) olive oil
5ml (1t) Dijon mustard
5 pork rashers
60ml (4T) olive oil
1 medium sweet onion,
400g baby potatoes
30ml (2T) fresh parsley, chopped
freshly ground black pepper
handful blue cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, water, olive oil and mustard. Set aside.
- Boil the eggs in water for 8 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Put the rashers on a roasting tray and season with the salt. Roast for 15 minutes until cooked and crispy on the outside.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly. Chop into chunky bite-sized pieces.
- In a pan over medium heat, add the oil and cook the onions for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and more salt to taste and cook until they start to brown at the edges, about 15- 20 minutes.
- Add the rashers to the pan and a little oil to prevent them from sticking.
- Give the dressing a quick whisk and pour it over the potatoes, a little at a time, cooking for about 1-2 minutes after each addition.
- Dish the potatoes and rashers on to a salad platter and sprinkle the parsley and pepper over.
- Peel the eggs, cut them in wedges and arrange on top. Sprinkle the blue cheese over (if using) and the fresh herbs.